Statewide “100 Plates” List Includes Several Local, Regional Restaurants
The Explore Georgia Culinary Guide has released its “Georgia 100 Plates” list for 2019, and eight dishes at local and regional restaurants were on the list.
The list is meant to provide locally sourced dining suggestions for visitors, according to the Georgia Department of Economic Development’s Tourism Vision.
The list is based on nominations. Three local Augusta restaurants, including Fat Man’s Mill Cafe, Frog Hollow Tavern and The New Moon Cafe made the list.
The following are local and regional restaurants that made the list:
- Mussels, Frog Hollow Tavern, Augusta
- Real Meal, Fat Man’s Mill Cafe, Augusta
- The Downtown Augusta Mess, The New Moon Cafe, Augusta
- Poutine, Deep South Cheese and Grill, Dearing
- Piggy Stix, Round’s on Winthrope, Millen
- Sunday Lunch Buffet, The Coleman House, Swainsboro
- Bulldog Burger, Hogie Joe’s Sports Grill, Thomson
- Chicken Salad, Burke Perk Bake Shop & Bistro, Waynesboro
The Explore Georgia Culinary Guide is free and available at visitor information centers across the state.