Historic Restaurant Re-Opens After Renovation
The P.I. Bar & Grill in the historic Partridge Inn has been entirely redesigned with up-to-date color schemes for a polished look and feel, completing one of the final pieces in the hotel’s total makeover.
A highlight of the bar is the white marble bar top. The bar also features illuminated liquor shelves, six taps, plenty of high top and communal seating, new bench seating and two big-screen televisions.
The menu features small plates, unique entrees and rich desserts.
The renovation of the P.I. Bar & Grill was part of a year-long, multi-million dollar renovation. All areas of the hotel are refinished and reopened. In addition to the new look, the hotel also has a new identity as part of the Curio – a Collection by Hilton brand.
The original woodwork and ceiling tiles have remained completely intact. The Partridge Inn’s new design preserves the historic architectural features of the Inn while offering a sophisticated, contemporary interior.
The hotels penthouse and rooftop lounge were also renovated. The 2,100-sq.-ft. penthouse offers stunning views of downtown Augusta is available to rent for private events. On weekends when it is not booked, the space opens as a pop-up bar. The penthouse’s three exclusive guest rooms are available to book.
A Cigar Bar was added on the first floor, which includes lounge with captain’s chairs and sectional seating, as well as a fire pit on the patio.
A few other highlights of the renovation:
- Completely new guest rooms (144),bathrooms and connecting balconies now include modern furniture and lighting fixtures, including beds with designer linens and sheets. All rooms have bath robes and slippers, and 42-inch HD televisions with 100 channels. Thevibrant color scheme consists of light, neutral walls accented by rich, dark décor.
- Public areas were redesigned,including hotel hallways, a quarter-mile of verandahs that wrap around the exterior of the hotel, the lobby and the addition of a new lobby market, a state-of-the-art exercise room and the new coveredporte-cochère.
- The hotel’s exteriorwas repainted to classic white for a fresh new façade.
- The newly remodeled meeting space includesupdated meeting room technology such as A/V screens and projectors and updated wifi at 100 mbps.
- Two Tesla Destination Charging stationsand one standard charging station for electric cars are available in the parking garage.
“With these renovations, we have returned The Partridge Inn to its status as Augusta’s premier hotel,” said Lloyd Van Horn, general manager of The Partridge Inn. “Guests will be pleased to find modern conveniences integrated into a renovation that honors the memorable architecture and ambiance of the historic property. We are proud to reintroduce this iconic Augusta landmark to both the city and its visitors.”
The hotel is managed by NorthPointe Hospitality Management, which worked directly with Janus Associates Construction Management and Sims Patrick Studio during the renovation.